1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to bid for this?? Asap!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by TPS Alberta, Oct 27, 2011.

1. TPS Alberta

TPS Alberta Member

What to charge for commercial lot?? Asap!

Hey guys,

I recently had a customer ask me to meet tomorrow to place a quote on her property. I was wondering if I could get some help from you guys with more experience than myself. I am new to lots of this size so I am not sure how long it would take our plow and skidsteer and whether or not we would need the loader.

We've got a plow truck (F350 with 9'2 Power-V plow) and skid steers but also have a loader at my disposal if needed.

If you could give me a quote on what you would charge per-visit and with how many machines you would use as a minimum that would be great.

We're charging $75/Hour for plow trucks and $85/Hour for skidsteer. Trigger depth is 3". Will be a push and pile and snow removed upon request as needed. Sidewalks will also need to be done.

The lot is the Spa Lady and all the sides around it.

Thanks so much!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I think 3 inch is too high for a commercial trigger try for 1 inch salt my triggers are 1.1
    I get $95 for truck with salter
    I get $205 for skid 3 hour min

3. TPS Alberta

TPS Alberta Member

2" is the lowest they would go.

How long to clear this lot with a plow truck and a couple skid steers?

4. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Looks like an acre and a half or close to it i would say an hour and a half should catch it

5. TPS Alberta

TPS Alberta Member

wow..thats it? Now would that be with a plow and a couple skidsteers?

6. TPS Alberta

TPS Alberta Member

Ive got lots a fraction of that size that take me longer with just the plow. Ideally Id like to have the plow pushing and piling with the skids cleaning up

7. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Thats close to the size i beleive someone else on here said 100 parking spaces = an acre witch i measured one of my lots and that really close. the front parking is +/- 98 spaces and as i can tell the rest is around 60 hard to tell from the pic so with a 2inch snow i would think thats doable depending on plow size and cars in the lot

8. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Ha have fun! Islands suck.
    Btw you don't need a skid for that lot.

9. TPS Alberta

TPS Alberta Member

I know I dont NEED a skid, I just like to have them to clean up around the curbs and the edges for me and tidy things up

10. BossPlow2010

Idk man it just seems like a waste when you could utilize that piece of equipment somewhere else where it is needed. But do what you want.

11. TPS Alberta

TPS Alberta Member

very true, I'll have to consider that!

So if I was to hit it with an F-350 and 9' Power-V how long you figure that would take? I'm guessing Wideout's estimate was with skids.

12. BossPlow2010

I'd guess 1 hour and 45 minutes

13. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

A skid with a box and you are done
    I put my skid at my best paying locations which are my biggest as well the do what a truck can do in half the time with a box
    That place looks like cake

14. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

My estimate was with a truck

15. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Post # 9 x 2

16. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

Id say 1.5 hrs also. thats an easy lot.