1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to ask for my cummins

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by KTM, Feb 17, 2008.

1. KTM

KTM Junior Member

Iam thinking about selling my truck because I need a extended cab wondering what you guys think I should ask for it since these trucks are all over the place for price
    1997 2500 4x4 Cummins Auto RC LB my father bought this truck brand new it has 120,000k has never had a plow or a bed hitch always been maintained TRANNY NEVER REBUILT!! still works great. All body panels and paint are original, never been in a accident, brand new E rated tires. Body is starting to rust on bottom of doors, one rocker, and back wheel wells, scratches and a few dings, interior is o.k. needs drivers seat because of bad rip, truck has never pulled much. over all well taken care of just cosmetic issues, I just want to know what a fair price to ask is, thanks in advance.

2. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Do a search on auto trader in your area. Just off the top of my head with no pictures $5000.00 on the low side and 8500.00 on the higher end. If the truck shows well and with the right buyer the price might go up. Keep in mind for every area there are price differances do to location, availability and demand. For someone in the market for a 12valave work truck this might be a deal maker. Personally price out a decent body job and interior work, someone might really want that truck at any cost. Due to the low milage and history plus the 12 valve engine.

DAFF

3. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

I would check out sites such as TDR (www.turbodieselregister.com) and DTR (www.dieseltruckresource.com) and see what regular cab 12v's are going for on those sites. I would imagine that you could get closer to $8500 for it especially since it is all stock, no plow, etc... Post some pictures of it here and we can judge it a little better.

4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

In my area something with a body that is starting to go would sell for ~$5-6,500 depending how bad it is, maybe less. For some reason the diesel market just fell out in MN.

Post pics for a more accurate estimate

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

You think the fact diesel fuel is $3.50/gallon might have something to do with it?? I started having my wife cut the check for my fuel bill because I just can't stand to see it anymore :dizzy:

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

KTM, where are you in Wisconsin? I'm looking for a donor to replace a POS 6.0.

7. KTM

KTM Junior Member

South centeral WI about 15min from Illinois 1 hour -1 1/2 hours from Chicago

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

How soon are you looking to sell?

9. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah but its $3.30-$3.50 all over the country. Diesels are loosing their value more here than other state for some reason. Just what I am seeing

10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Let's see if we can figure out your logic?:dizzy:

Gas $3 a gal

Fuel $3.50 a gal

My gasser gets 11-14 mpg on the hwy

A oil burner gets what 19 -24 mpg on the hwy?

Even if fuel was $5 a gall you would still be ahead with the diesel.

11. KTM

KTM Junior Member

Mark, Iam in no real hurry looking for a newer 1/2 ton extended cab 4x4 for a decent price first, used they seam to high especially since you can get new ones for great deals with great warranty's. Then after I get that I will be looking for a 1 ton dually dump, hopefully cummins too. guess it depends on when I find the right truck, checking around constantly with no luck, all's I find is overpriced stuff. Hoping It's just because of the record snowfalls we have been having that people think they will get more money out of them.

12. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

7,300 give or take...

Killer dowel pin fixed or not? has the pump been touched?

cumminsforum.com is a good website for more info

Ian

13. KTM

KTM Junior Member

I just spent some money and fixed everything that was real bad in the interior, looks real nice now. The dowel pin has never been fixed, I think I will take it apart and tab it next week. Everything else on truck is great except for a little rust and scratches.