1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what tires should i get

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by porter5, Nov 12, 2006.

1. porter5

porter5 Junior Member

got a 2000 ford f-350 reg cab diesel 4x4 - with a 8 ft fisher plow , need 4 new tries for this upcoming plowing season, do lots of res and comm plowing--- any suggestions and pricing would be grea,t thanks

2. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

3. porter5

porter5 Junior Member

ya i was thinking about thos BFG mud terrian, i had a set of 32's on my lifted jeep, and it was great in the snow, but i dont know how they would handle on a astock f 350 , for plowing, it is one of my company trucks so i dont know if i want to get those mudds on it, cause it mihg tlook alittle to aggresive and offroadish, i dont know.

4. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

go with goodyear MT/R they work the best for me.

5. porter5

porter5 Junior Member

Sounds Good

6. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Buy some pmetric tires for a passenger car!!!!
    Just kidding. THere are many opinions on tires here. Find some you like, and try them. I prefer my goodyear, or cooper, but that is JMO

7. victoryrider

victoryrider Junior Member

I just put 4 BFG All-Terrain on mine. In my humble opinion they are the best for traction. I had them on a Dodge several years ago, with the stock tires I couldn't move in snow without 4x4. Put on the BFG's and didn't need 4x4 to get around anymore.

8. porter5

porter5 Junior Member

wat do you think about way blk said about putting BFG mudd terrains on?? any thoughs on that??...i know it would be great in the snow but to aggresive for when its not snowing?

9. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

BFG Rugged Trail T/A's on my truck. Awesome in the snow.

10. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

This Question agian

I don't no but maybe do a search and make your choice but this has been covered so many times choose the best one that fit your budget as you will see you'll get a hundred different brans here and everybody seems to say that what they have are the best. But they are all wrong MINE ARE!!!!!!!!!! :D

11. DJ Contracting

This Question agian

I don't no but maybe do a search and make your choice but this has been covered so many times choose the best one that fit your budget as you will see you'll get a hundred different brans here and everybody seems to say that what they have are the best. But they are all wrong MINE ARE!!!!!!!!!! :D Oops my computer was slower than my left click finger.

12. dfor

dfor PlowSite.com Veteran

I have been pretty happy with the Cooper Discoverer ATR tires. Good tread wear, and good traction in the snow last winter.

13. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

It all depends on what you're looking for. Do you want a designated snow/winter tire, or do you want a tire that does well in snow, but is okay to run all year round without destroying the treads?

14. victoryrider

victoryrider Junior Member

Never tried the mud terrains. As I said though the all-terrains are great and wear like iron.

15. PatrickCampbell

PatrickCampbell Junior Member

Seems that THE TIRE for plowing in snow/ice is Cooper Discoverer M+S.

16. DJ Contracting

Whatever :D all he has to do is pick any brand that fits his budget, get a good set of all terrains keep the tire pressure up ballast, proper alignment and rotate at the proper times he should be fine.

17. blk90s13

best i found so far is sears on bridgestore dueler

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/prod...O&subcat=Light+Truck+&+SUV&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

285/75r/16 $144.99 a pop and after mount balance new valves road hazard package and alingment total is $843.68

50k tire tread wear rating or get it cheaper picked up or shipped to the door then do the run around for mounting balancing and alignment to save about $60-$80 and get no warranty or hazard from anywhere

but best rating i see is on the BFG T/A

Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
  18. HoneyDooYrdWrk

HoneyDooYrdWrk Junior Member

i've had BFG All Terrains on mt past three trucks and have always been more then impressedwith them, the only downside is they are a softer rubber so they tend to wear a little quicker

19. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Wait, you're talking about the All Terrain, right?

20. blk90s13

Bridgestone DUELER APT III - 285/75QR16 LT rating on tire rack says they wear quick

BFG ratings say they better wear and traction all around