1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What time should I plow Christmas morning?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by IMAGE, Dec 24, 2007.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

It looks like we will hit my trigger tonight, and I will need to plow my resi's Christmas morning. Not a problem, I dont mind doing it. We are only gonna get 2-3 inches so its not like its gonna trap people in thier house, but I want them to still recieve timely service.

I would like to start about 5am, and we run a snowblower. I would be done before 8am if I start then. Is that too early for Christmas morning? :help:
  2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

not early enough. the kids that will be awake will think your santa. i would say four.
    you dont want to interrupt anyones christmas morning.
    kind of hard saying because it really depends on the storm. just dont interrupt anyones christmas morning.
    my two cents.
  3. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Go out as soon as it stops...
  4. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

Treat it as you would any other snowy day. Be out there bright and early, and have them cleaned up as fast and as early as possible.
  5. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

Stay out of Woodcrest till 9AM, it would be appreciated.

Besides I went to Jared's
  6. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

i would think that it being Christmas people would want their stuff to cleaned up even earlier then normal seeing how they may have guests coming to thier houses

holiday or not just do what you feel is the right thing to do, your gonna get as many differant opions on here as there are people on here
  7. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

I figure if you are finished by 9, people won't complain. No one, in their right minds anyways, goes out before that on Xmas.

If you are out early and you see sled with 8 funny looking horses.............give then the right of way.
  8. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

that is an expensive neighborhood, right off of 131 and centre street. they do get pissed when the woken up.
  9. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

Do your best people wont mind your just doing your job...if they do care they are not the people you want to work for.

Merry Christmas!

if I had a plow guy and he came out early on Christmas morning he would deffinatly be grtting some Christmas cookies...
  10. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I will start when I was thinking. Looking over my list I only see one customer that I know has a kid of "Santa" age, the rest are older then Santa himself, haha. Have a Merry Christmas Everyone!
  11. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Wouldn't it be easier to shovel 2-3"?

If your jobs are small enough to not need a truck/plow, wouldn't it be quieter with a 24" shovel?
  12. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

prolly take alot longer than 3 hours to finish:cool:
  13. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Ahhh. 2-3" of light fluffy Fargo snow would be much quicker with a big sweeping action of a nice 24" snow pusher type shovel. I can beat most blowers on this little light stuff. Add in their load/unload time and your talking a BIG time savings.

Add to that, nobody knows your there. :sleeping:
  14. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

If I see that I'm plowing him into the ditch! I just caught Santa!!

No Mark13 I was just kidding, I wouldn't hurt Santa.
  15. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i guess i just dont like to get out of my truck:p

thats what the mexicans are paid for;)
  16. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

try to do it as soon as it stops get yourself home and let it be, i always say to myself if people can sleep while theres a garbage truck outside they can deal with a plow. happy holidays everyone!
  17. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Merry Christmas Everyone!

We didnt even hit my trigger :(. But Santa gave me a new lot to keep clear:) Got a call last night to open up a 60x140 lot for a building thats for sale and hasnt been done yet this season, and to maintain it. $150 to open, and $50 every 6" to maintain. It sounds like he's got some other places it town I can get too payup Thanks Santa

Have a Great Christmas Everyone!
  18. fireball

Yeah, that new weatherman Hutch predicted that we all would been shoveling Christmas morning. Got more today than what they predicted
  19. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Are you in Fargo?
  20. fireball

yep, up in Woodcrest