1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what time of the year is best

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by stubs plow, Aug 14, 2011.

1. stubs plow

stubs plow Junior Member

Hi Everybody
    Question
    What is the best time of year to look for new customers. Hitting the pavement tomorrow to
    start looking.tymusic

2. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

sooner the better if you look for snow work only. Year round it really doesn't matter. March and April and September October are always strong month for maintenance quotes.

At the end of the day you have to be at the right place at the right time. Going from door to door doesn't give you much and is a lot of work. Spend your effort on how clients can find you and solicit businesses in a strategic area.

3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Bout 3 months ago. Good luck

4. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

The early bird gets the worm. Or should I say...
    The early bid gets the work.

5. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

I have already been out dropping bids off and signing contracts, I love the snow business.

6. blogsdon

blogsdon Member

Even residentials? Around here they don't seem to think snow until November!!

Brian

7. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

NOW!!!!!!!!!.............................Thumbs Up

8. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Every single day starting yesterday

9. plowboss

plowboss Member

its never too early, call potential customers starting in july, they most likley won't want to talk snow but
    at least they will hear your name and begin to associate your name with snow