1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What time is it ??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by John Allin, Oct 9, 2000.

1. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Am I the only one that thinks that the "time" shown on our posts is off a couple hours ??

Or is my world just a few hours behind everybody else's ??

I constantly have to check the time to be sure I'm still in my world.

Whatssup with dat ??

2. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

Yea I don't know why but I'm at minus 5hrs, you just have to change the time in your profile till you get it right.

3. EPP200

EPP200 Junior Member

The time is off big time. I show your post as 10-10-00 at 0354am and it is 10-09-00 at 956pm (CDT) here in Chicago.

4. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

John,
    Well we can finally tell the guy with all the snow, equipment, and accounts a little something. ;) You need to adjust your clock in your profile. The LS clock is set to GMT so you need to add 4 hours to show your time. Either that, or you think about snow so much that you're "frozen in time"

5. John Allin

OK...
    So how in the world do I "change the profile" ??

6. John Allin

Ok, I tried this myself.
    Is the time right now ??

7. John Allin

On my screen is still shows that it's 11:25 AM, and it is actually 7:25 AM on 10/10.

What am I doing wrong. HELP !!

I hate computers.......

8. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

For a short, fat guy that hates computers, you're on it an awful lot. You must be mentally wired to DSL like me. I just though of something from the other thread; what happends if you spray Magic on Chuck's toxic paint?

9. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Great idea Iowa! Now we can apply that toxic paint & never deal with that aspect of our plows again. Our plows will work at -30 degrees, the paint will be permanent, won't harm the grass & shrubs we run over, and should reduce the amount of time needed to plow.
    John,
    Adjust the hours opposite of what you entered. You either add or subtract 4 hours to get your time right. I can't remember which.

10. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

I had to subtract seemed weird but it worked, makes you wonder is your computer screwed up or is the server.

As for your special paint,my calculation say that if you place the toxic painted plow in the middle of the area to be plowed then apply magic to the plow wait 3.45 minutes the plow should begin to spin(kind of like wonder woman)and all the snow around will diappear the grass will start to grow and flowers will begin to bloom.Wow what a product.

11. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Server must be set at Atlantic time , I subtracted 1 hour to get my time correct.

Is that server in Houton Maine?

12. John Allin

OK... OK..... RELAX

I finally got it,

(although Chuck had to give me some really basic instructions as to what to do and how..... like, put in the minus sign...)

If God wanted me to know about computer stuff, He'd not have given me an Administrative Assistant.....

13. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

Wow now that you have that fixed you make alot more sense all your other posts before seemed like you were out of sinc or something,I feel I can understand you sooo much better.

14. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

I'm off 5 hours and that's the way I like it damn it!

15. John Allin

Chuck's going to "Edit" you if you keep using that bad language....

16. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

My apologies. Please don't edit me Chuck. I promise I'll behave . . .

17. Snow Pro

Snow Pro Senior Member

Forget what the time clock says. The point is that by reading this bulletin board, you stay ahead of the competition (at least by a few hours) !!!

18. Greenman2ooo

Greenman2ooo Banned

Time

Obviously there is a problem other than this since when we set our profiles and there is no change. I get really weird times. When I first registered this nickname, no problems.