1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Time Do You Go To Bed Befor The Snow Comes

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RSK, Dec 1, 2005.

1. RSK

RSK Senior Member

HI GUY'S
  2. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

When I see the first flake falling.
  3. foggyjr5

foggyjr5 Member

It snowed yesterday all day about till midnight. I tried going to bed about 10 but my phone kept ringing with people waiting till the last minute. Oh well i got up about 2:30 and got started with my route
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'll watch the news at 11pm then set the clock for 3am.Then it's every hr.after that if they say snow.
  5. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Depends when it's suppose to stop snowing, sometimes not at all!
  6. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i try to sleep but my adrenaline keeps me up
  7. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

if theres snow in the forcast I try to go to bed ASAP. Around 8-9. I wake up for my other job all summer at 4am, so I'm able to go to bed early. Usually if I go to bed around 8, it doesn't snow enough.

If I'm out to see a movie, christmas shopping, etc... I get to bed around midnight and get the call around 3am.
  8. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Can't sleep, too excited!! Until your out there 24-36 hours. Then sleep finds you.
  9. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

I sleep 10am-2pm daily.. Try to keep this routine.. I'm up all afternoon to get work done with my day crews and around the house/shop while its light out. Then I'm at my girlfriends from 7-11. Then paperwork from 11:45-1:30.. Page employees in around 1am if its snowing. Then I'm either on the road or doing more paperwork until about 7am..
  10. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

This is our 12th season in snow, and i am now able to sleep before a small event, 1-3". If the forcast is for a big storm, forget it, just too pumped up:cool:
  11. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I can't sleep either!!! :bluebounc

Sometimes I wake the ole lady up and get a piece...:drinkup:
  12. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

I agree with you all, when theres snow on the way i am way too pumped up to sleep. But when I know its gonna be a big one i at least try to sleep, every time i fall asleep i seem to get the call an hour later saying start your engines lol
  13. bcf

bcf Senior Member

I try to get to bed a early as possible, but have a gazillion things running through my head keeping me up. Ince I get to sleep, the alarm usually wakes me up about 2 or 3 in the morning. Then it's set for every hour or two.
  14. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

I cant sleep either, too pumped up in anticipation. But after 24 hours I'm ready for a nap.:waving:
  15. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

What are you my mother? :eek: :eek: :eek:
  16. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

All depends on the day here. If its a weekend, and its a night storm, I most likely dont get home from hanging out with my freinds and girls and such until 1-2am, and if its done snowing by 2 or 3, i start then. But on weekdays, ill go to sleep around 6 or 7pm and wake up around 2 and try to get everything done before 8am.