1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What The ....?????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PAGE2004, Mar 1, 2004.

1. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

2. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

3. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

For the people with too much money!!!...Chuck

Of course 5000.00 sounds like a pretty cool deal...
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2004
  4. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

5. Sidebuz

Sidebuz Member

Some farmers are using those treads to get across their fields when it is too wet (they have chemical tanks and a sprayer boom). Interesting site. Don't see any applications for snowplowing though...
  6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

We could torture test them with one snow event! I bet they could not hold up to us switching directions all the time. The full throttle reverses would toast them quick! Or the climb the pile pushes.
  7. dylan

dylan PlowSite.com Veteran

8. toalpi

toalpi Junior Member
    from CT

In the snow season they are used on a FWD ford van to take people half way up the auto road on Mt. Washington. I think they call it the snow coach. It used to be on their web site, maybe still?
  9. sgrprincees

sgrprincees Junior Member

I saw some of those on a truck at a ski resort in canada. I kinda wonder if they really need them, I think they only matter when they get a couple feet of snow, otherwise it is all pretty hard packed.
  10. snowbiter

snowbiter Member

They do show a truck plowing with them on in one of thier videos however it seems like a costly addition just to plow snow with but they will go anywhere that most vehicles will not.
  11. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

they ride rough as hell, farmer had a set for spraying and he said that it was a waste of $$ and it gives you a ****** turning radius, now he has 33"x16.5x16.5 superswamper boggers and he is fine in the fields. his opinion was "At $25k a set that will buy many sets of swamper tires and still have a good ride"
  12. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

How about these, this guy wanted 75,000 for this van :eek:
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  13. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

one more, big money !!
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  14. John M

John M Junior Member

Just so everyone knows, I emailed the guy and he is only asking $12500 for them. He also said feel free to make him an offer and you could probably own them. Joe
  15. GPB

GPB Member

I seen a truck like that here in Minnesota grooming snowmobile trails. It had those tracks on it and it was pulling a big grooming sled.
    I wonder how long power steering pumps last. Turning those huge tracks has got to be murder on them.