1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What the town uses for sidewalks..

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by grandview, Feb 8, 2007.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

This is what the town has for the sidewalks.

mall snow 2-8-07 008 (Small).jpg

2. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Our city has 1 like that, only they use a V plow, And they have a double decker blower and a power roatarty brush.

3. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

We got 2 of those bad boys for our city. 100k a popp.

4. clipper

clipper Junior Member
    from Maine

we have 2 in my city. They have both the v plow and the blower. They use the blower for bigger storms.

5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

IS that a Holder or w/e they're called? Our village has a couple of them.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure, they do use one with the V also.

7. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

that looks like a MT trackless, the Holder's engine cover is smaller.

8. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

Yeah, it's a Trackless MT. Those little machines pack a 110HP Cummins!:dizzy: Our town has 3, one new and two about 4 years old. wesport

9. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

WHAT- $100,000...you can buy a F#@&^NG BACKHOE for that much! :dizzy: :eek:

10. Mysticlandscape

Ya but that with madd attachments I think Also 110hp cummins. Thats what the guy in the DPW yard told me. The things goes like 35 when its traveling.

11. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Yea the village road department has 2 of them here. And this year they decided not to use them to save money on fuel and labor. So they just sit in the garage.:confused:

12. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  13. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

The village of depew has one of them and one v plow machine on tracks. Too bad they hit some concrete thing Wednesday morning with the v and F it up bad :dizzy: Tore and bent the hell out of the frame. I guess its going to cost $12,000 to fix.

14. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

My city has 3 or 4 of them for throughout town. A couple of years ago one of the guys at DPW went off the sidewalk and rolled it on it's side. They righted it with a loader and it drove away. They also have a boom mower on the front of it during the summer months to cut back the sides of the roads. They do move some snow.

15. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

i saw my towns driving around today. i always love watching those guys bust thru 4-5-6 ft high snow banks the city plows pile up. they take on everything with ease........... i want one

16. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

our city has a few of those with sanders on the back of them!! so cool, and nothing can stop them!! we also have a few tracked vehicles with straightblades

17. Mysticlandscape

Where were they when you saw them today? What kind of truck do you drive?

18. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

One of our Town Rigs in Action,Toolcat

They where out doing post storm,getting ready for the tourist...

PANA0055.JPG

19. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

If my town had one of those tool cats they would have that thing so messed up. I would give it about an hour before they are on the phone with the dealer

20. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Lol

I hear you.
    The town I grew up in had several Bombardier tracked machines(JW's) and they would run those up the snowbanks and over on their heads all the time.Enough so they had to wear helmets.lol
    The Bobcat Toolcat also has a blower.No photos yet.The town has I think a Trackless also..

PANA0054.JPG