1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What the hell??!!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by aperfcrcle, Oct 27, 2010.

1. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

This is the most ******** bid I have ever seen in my life!! I have a bid in at a local dunkin donuts and just got off the phone with them. They are considering a bid over mine and he told me what it was and I am completely taken back by it.

They are charging $275 / Month for 3 months. So they have to pay $825 for 3 months. The bid says **UNLIMITED VISITS** for that price!! The price includes plowing, salting of the lot, shoveling and salting of the walks. HOW THE HELL?! This is an easy $80 a push lot, open 24 hours. That means, by my calculations, after the 3rd visit you will be loosing money on JUST PLOWING and nothing else!! This is really baffling my mind, what if we have a 2 foot storm like last year and then another 6" one 2 weeks later? This seems like a sure fire way to loose your ass and a **** ton of money. If someone could please shed some light on this it would be appreciated.

My bid was $85 a push with a 10% discount for early signup (before November) at a 2" trigger. $40 per visit to shovel and salt walks. They did not tell me they wanted the whole lot salted so I did not include it. I am so puzzled.

2. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Maybe he has a 6" Trigger?? Could be they haven't read his proposal very carefully and the guy is a sneak. Or its a bait and switch. Seems way too low.

Shoot, 2" seems almost too much for a dunkin dougnuts where people are in and out so fast, tired/distracted because they havent had their coffe, and in a hurry.

3. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

Unreal right? 6" trigger around here is suicide, especially in a dunkin donuts lot. That's a guaranteed call from the owner complaining if there is 6" untouched in his lot. I told the owner to be careful if he takes them because there HAS to be hidden fees for accumulation past a certain point.