1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What the F....

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Snowaway, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

My E58-H pump pissed all of it's oil out in a couple of differant places. When I pulled the pump off I discoved that the ram housing as well as the moter had been hiting the upper cross bar on the Classic mount. Also the crossover valve ( I think) has been wearing a hole in the lower cross bar. The later I discoverd right after I bought the truck, so I moved the ram to the outer most setting on the lift arm. That stoped the valve from hitting, but would not have if it hadn't already dug it self a hole. the fix seems simple (have the lower bracket remade).
    But my question is, is this pump not supposed to be used on the classic mount setup or is this why the E58-H was discontinued? :confused:

P.S. why is there not a smilie with the money going the other way?

2. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

When you install the E-58h on a classic mount. You MUST drill another hole in the lift arm in front of the last hole. The reason for this is that the E-58h is a high lift model and it will hit the cross bar of the hoop otherwise. Meyer has a diagram on their website showing where to drill the hole. I had to do this on mine. Sorry to break the bad news to you, hope not too much damage was done. The E-58h is not discontinued it replaced the E-60, E-57, E-47.

3. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

The sunday parts nob told me it was discontinued, that is good to hear that it is not. Thanks for the info I will be drilling that hole as soon as I get the pump fixed I hope they can get it back to me before the big holliday. I managed to scavange an old E-47 to use in the mean time (I hope it holds up it's been a long while since it been used but is currently working). As for damage it has dented the ram housing, the top cover on the moter,and mushroomed the valve, causing the lower ram housing to leak as well as the valve block gasket. That is just what I know about. Also the driver side ram is no longer holding pressure, like there is air in the ram. but I swear the pump put it there. Is that possible? As soon as I put the other pump on it got a lot better, It went from 6-8" of play to about 1".

4. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Here is a diagram of what you need to do.

Meyer E-58h lift arm mod.jpg

5. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Hold onto your shorts when you go to ordering parts, its going to be expensive. Just hope the angle block is not damaged. Yes thats why your angle cylinders have air in them, make sure you flush them too, might be contaminated now. Did you buy this new, and install yourself? Mine came with a paper that said you must drill that hole to use it on a classic mount. If someone at a shop installed it for you or didn't give you that sheet with that instructions, I'd make them repair it for free. I had a heads up that i was going to need a new hole in my lift arm, from a good budy on another site but anyway Meyer includes that instruction with the unit. I hope maybe yours isn't damaged too bad and you get it fixed quick. Good luck.

6. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

at least I bought the truck like this so I only have to feel ignorent not stuped. Thanks guys!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008