1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What tanks are you using for pre wet systems?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Bossman 92, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

We are setting up pre-wet systems for our v boxes this year and I am not sure where to find a tank that will work. All spreaders are in pickups so we are limited on space. We made one up last year with a cheap electric pump and a 15 gal at tank and mounted it on the top of the hopper screen. It worked but was a pain to fill up so often.

Any insight would be great
  2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We use a TSC 35 gallon leg tank, I have it set to treat a 2 yard V box perfectly. I made a platform for it and the pump and it fit right in front of the v box, ran some clear 1/2" hose (from TSC) from the tank to a diaphragm pump I bought from Dultmier and then ran the same 1/2 hose to a spray nozzle at the end of the chain. I didnt use it last year but will be hooking it all back up for this season. PM me if you have any questions.
  3. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks Brian....I will be in touch with you when we start setting them up.
  4. TGS Inc.

TGS Inc. Senior Member
    from Detroit

We have purchased numerous tanks from plastic-mart.com. Not sure if they have the angled ones, still trying to find a source for those myself...
  5. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Never got into liquid... What do i mix? bags of calcium mixed with water??
  6. allseasons87

allseasons87 Senior Member

If budget will allow I would get a ssaddle tank to fit along the side. TSC poly tanks would work well too