1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What switches do you guys have for your strobes?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ultimate plow, Feb 1, 2005.

1. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Hey guys,
    I just bought a brand new whelen 4 head hide away strobe kit. I want a switch pannel the changes the patterns, HI-LO, and number of heads running.
    What are you guys using for your whelen power supplys? Pics would be great!
  2. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

No installation yet but I have a bunch of Radio Shack lighted rocker switched I plan on using for the lights, and two momentary switches for the pattern and h/l I'll be mounting in my overhead console.....don't forget to hook 'em up to relays!! I have a great diagram if you need one.
  3. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Thanks BadLuck!
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  4. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

I am interested in seeing that diagram. I want to light up my semi this spring. I want to do something with plow truck, but that is gonna have to wait til before next season.

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Got any radio parts stores (Not radio shack) around ?They can fix you up on switch's and probably even project boxes to put them in. They got relays and cable and wire.One in my city has LEDs in all colors and sizes even duel color. With the right resister value you can make any voltage light them. Hummm indicator LED's for anything electrical on the truck?

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

7. 2_Djinn

2_Djinn Senior Member

Heres the switches for my hideaways. The one on the left is for the front strobes and the right one is for the rear strobes. The little button to change flash patterns is behind the seat with the power unit.

8. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Hey ultimate plow -

I found these when I was deleting old files from my memory sticks for the digital camera.

This one is out of my '97 GM. Galls Street Thunder XL 200 6 switch panel.

9. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

This one is out of my '04 Ford. AW Direct and Flora Wrecker Sales carry this Phoenix 4 switch panel. A 5 switch unit is also available. This style is specifically made for each vehicle for a certain location on the dash.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2005

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

I got 4 switches on my center console below my stereo (don't have pics) for fog lamps, lights on rollbars, etc. I was going to put a back up beeper on my truck for when I'm plowing around schools where there's kids. I don't want it on all the time, so I was going to hook it to a switch rather than my reverse. But because my rotating light is not permanent, I just have the wire strung in through the back window and plugs it into my cig. lighter when I want to use it and unplug it when I'm finished.
  11. moose__72

moose__72 Junior Member

I own an alarm company, and the voltage for alarms is the same as automotive. With that being said I am also a volunteer fire fighter and have my truck spanked out with lights. It's a little pricey but I highly recommend the Whelen switch panel with the slide switch. A must for hardcore light fans. It can be configured many ways to suit your needs. I used to work for a PD in the area and all of our cars had these switch panels in them.

12. Triton Snow Systems

Triton Snow Systems Banned

Federal Signal makes a really nice control panel. Thats what I'm running.