1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what style truck bed ?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by andrewlawnrangr, Dec 22, 2008.

1. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

i am looking for optians on a new truck bed

truck prolly a f-650 or international 4700, 4300

i would like a 14' body with an I or L pack just looking for pics

also looking for an idea for my 550, maybe changing the bed... dono yeat

What kind of body are you running
  2. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

You didn't mention if you want a stake body or Dump. I'm guessing you are leaning to a stake body. I run a lot of stake bodies (about 12) most of them are for planting crews taking plant material and some bulk material, mostly mulch. The best thing we came up with was to put a cab shield, the same as a dump body would have over the cab. This is a full 30" cab shield and you can store three wheel barrows on top. The time this saves, so the crew does not have to unload the wheel barrows to load the plants or mulch adds up quickly and saves a lot of room in the cargo area. I think it also looks good. A couple of the trucks we cut a door above the pintle hook and added some expanded metal for a shelf in between the frame for some tool storage ( the same area a ramp would go in a box truck). Some other nice options are swinging rear gates. Steel head board and floors. Underbody boxes are nice, but usually rot away or get banged up the the loaders tires. A few of the trucks have the 8' "top rail" tool boxes on one side stacked two high. This allows removable sides on one side of the truck with lots of tool storage and only a minimal loss of cargo area. Good luck!
  3. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

sorry i didnt mention some things... i have a cab shield on my 550 and love it..... 3 wheelbarrows on top outa the way i want and need a dump.. just looking for the pics of different set ups... basically what are you running...??