1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What spring options on'04 F350?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by fitnessmovers, Nov 25, 2003.

1. fitnessmovers

fitnessmovers Junior Member

Just picked up my F350 Dually Crew 4x4 with the new 6.0. Iwas wondering what way to go. option #1- X code springs & timbrens on front OR #2 keep current 5200lb springs and add some leafs from the spring shop to get more support? Any opinions are welcomed. Need to have it done on Fri. and plow is getting installed Monday. Thanks. :help:

2. SatZ28

SatZ28 Member

I think the majority goes with the x springs and timbrens

3. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

If I were you I would keep the stock springs and either get air bags or timbrens installed. Another option is to put a 3" leveling kit into your truck, I did this on my 03 F-350 and I am now thinking about doing it to my 99 if I put a plow on it.

4. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

I had put the leveling kit on my '00 F350 and it worked out great. Plowed for years with a 9' Western Pro Plow. No need for Timbrens with the leveling kit. It will keep it up nice for you.

5. Tahoe1889

Tahoe1889 Junior Member

Where do I find this Code X spring?

6. fitnessmovers

fitnessmovers Junior Member

Got the X springs put on Friday. $240 for the set and another $260 for the install at a Ford dealer. Time to order Timbrens and then I'm done. Definitely could have used them once the plow was on but they'll be on before the next storm.
    Tell your local dealer you'll pay only $120 ea. They listed at $156 ea.

7. bcx400

bcx400 Junior Member
    from pa

springs

on my 2001 f350 I had a 3rd leaf spring added to the front. the truck rides level with the plow on. handling seems the same. I don't know nothin bout the other lifts- but this sure worked nice on my truck.