1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What spreader would you recomend?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by R.M Hanson, Nov 13, 2005.

1. R.M Hanson

R.M Hanson Junior Member

Hi guys, how are you doing? I am currently shopping for a sander for my snow removal business. I do almost all residential properties and a couple of small parking lots. I plan to use bagged sand or snow melt in a small tailgate spreader and was wondering which ones people have had success with and which ones are junk. I am a vetran plower, and just decided to add Ice control this year and would like some advice on what you think works best.

2. kyle volz

kyle volz Member
    from Midwest

First off let me say you have decided to add an excellent PROFIT center for your company. We were a plow only contractor for many seasons. Then in 1990 we decided to offer snow & ice removal to our line-up of services. What a great add-on!

I suggest you look toward the brand SnowEx. They make several different models of tailgate spreaders that will make you more money. If you want to spread sand from a tailgate spreader, that would be model #1875. They call it the Sand Pro. I have one of those myself and it is a great unit. I also run three 1075's and a Vpro 6000. If you want a great spreader, this is it. They are not the cheapest, but who wants cheap when they break down at 2:00 am. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 502-499-7841.

I have not had any trouble out of my SnowEx products ever. They have less moving parts, no belts, hoses or gas motors to cause you trouble. And No I am not a salesman or dealer for SnowEx. Just a satisfied lawn guy.

3. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

If you go with the "sand pro" don't use wet sand or you'll be sorry. I had nothing but trouble with mine. I now have a Fisher Speedcaster II. It handles anything and I'm completely satisfied.

4. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

I gotta say, Snowex products are ok, but their support is absolute garbage. I would buy either Fisher or Western two stage products.