1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what spreader will work on my silverado?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by hk4700, Feb 19, 2009.

1. hk4700

hk4700 Junior Member

I have been sent by my boss to purchase a salt spreader for his 2005 silverado hd 2500......

he has a meyer plow on the front.

honestly im in over my head and dont know what brands/models of spreaders will fit this. can anyone help??

if it matters, im in the southern md/baltimore / dc area.........
  2. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

do a search for spreader for 2005 silverado 2500 im sure you will find something..and check the ice management section of the site
  3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

how much sq ft do you need to treat. figure that out and we will e better to elp you. You can either get a small 10 cu ft tailgate spreader or a 2 yd v box salter to put in the bed.I have a 2500 hd and I can put 2.5 yards of salt in the back.
  4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Pretty much any spreader will fit. Guess the question is, how much do you have to do with the spreader? Might as well be sent in the right direction instead of getting something to big or to small.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

long bed or short bed?

My boss uses snow-ex..and he likes them (counter to what is said on here about them)

hes got a vpro6000 in one chevy2500 and two sp7550's in other chevys and swears by them over his old steel gas units.