1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What spare parts would you keep on hand?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by New Leaf LLC, Oct 13, 2011.

1. New Leaf LLC

New Leaf LLC Junior Member

I've heard that it's sometimes tough to get parts from our local western dealer if you didn't buy your plows from them so I was wondering what parts you think I should keep on hand. I have a MVP Plus and Wideout plow. Any input would be appreciated.
  2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

At least have hoses and filter on hand. A spare solenoid wouldn't hurt to have either.
  3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

For sure hoses and I would get a couple of the O.R.B. (O ring boss) fittings that go into the rams, The relay is difficult to change on the Wide outs & Mvp Plus but a good idea to have, they are the same on both so one would be good. If you have lots of money to invest you could have a spare angle ram for each, not sure if they are the same on both plows. You might consider getting the emergency parts kit that Western sells. They come with all the above and a few valves in a nice Western bag. We sell lots of them.