1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What spare parts 2 stock?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by fatheadon1, Aug 2, 2011.

1. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

Hello all i have a 1 year old wide out love the plow, i am wondering what spare parts i need 2 have on hand incase of a break down mid storm?

2. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I have no experience with the wide out, but I would think at least a solenoid, hoses and fluid. Plus have the tools needed to make the repair. Would suck to have the part and no means to putting them in. I keep an ohm meter and a 12v test light in the trucks tool box helps to diagnose things.

I am sure some people with wideouts will have a better idea than I do. Good idea to plan ahead!

3. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

i keep all that an then sum on hand as for tools and parts for straight blade, i have 3 trucks at the lot where my wideout is an we all carry tools. i was just asking the guys that have wideouts if their was any odd ball parts i should have on hand?

4. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Sorry about that hope you know I wasn't trying to talk down to you. I think a wideout will be the next plow I get.