1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what software to use????

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by FeelLikeANumber, Aug 16, 2008.

1. FeelLikeANumber

FeelLikeANumber Member

Its my third year plowing and I'll be buying a new vehicle and plow and also looking to update my software. For the time being I was using regular microsoft word to do bills in a simplistic spreadsheet format. I want to upgrade that part of my business also. What is a good software to use for bills and keeping track of customers things of that nature? What do the pros use, and what aspects about the software do you like/find most convienent??? Any response is appreciated, thank you.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure if I'm a pro or not,but I use a pen and paper!

3. ScnicExcellence

ScnicExcellence Senior Member

i would say stick to what you know, if it is working for you then great. always back up your computer stuff though, cause if you loose it and have nothing else your screwed.

4. Griffinlc

Griffinlc Junior Member

Quick Books works pretty nice for me. Just plan on taking some time to learn how to use it correctly, maybe even hire an expert to teach you. Once set up, it can really teach you a lot when you run reports.

5. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Quickbooks Simple Start is all you'll ever need, but be careful running it on machines with Vista Operating Systems.....2007 and 2008 have some issues running on Vista but fairly easy fixes are available.....

Took me a few tweaks but i finally got mine working 100%

6. cts

cts Junior Member

Take a look at CrewTracker Software - www.crewtrackersoftware.com
    I'd be happy to talk with you about your software needs. My cell is 913-207-7485. I'm on the CrewTracker team and our software is listed on Plowsite. Give me a call.

7. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

I used Word for my invoices and stuff when I first started and now I have quick books, it works awesome. Like Griff says, take the time to use it properly and you will love it.

8. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

QUICKBOOKS! I love it and its the way to go

9. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Quick Books Pro..........

10. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

crew tracker is good but really expensive and it is mainly for routing and planning. I used to use spread sheet and quickbooks but this year we invested in a custom program and it is awesome. I look forward to bringing it to market soon

11. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

Quickbooks Pro all the way... I use it for everything... Just like Griffinlc said it is a little difficult to learn but I love it now. I have it generate all my bids and contracts... I SWEAR BY IT. The guys love it as well because I can make the checks out right there for them!

12. BHISNOWMAN

BHISNOWMAN Member

13. BHISNOWMAN

BHISNOWMAN Member

14. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

P.M. sent--- perfect software for you! It's called "Pro Invoice v 1.0" best of all it's free!!!!

15. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

how does quickbooks generate contracts?

16. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

contacts

Wow this is bad. I'm using my blackberry for this. This site is now part of my soul!

Back to the topic. I have a contract template setup for quickbooks to input data into. Its working well so far.

17. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

what about all the wording , and verbage that goes into it? if your contracts like 3 pages long? and iv done the pda thing myslef.... lol