1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What software do many use?

Discussion in 'Sweeper Forum' started by SCSIndust, Jan 12, 2005.

1. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I have been looking at different software and was wondering what others are using. I was looking at Clip, but I have had bad experiences with them in the past, and if they haven't seriously upgraded their software in the past 3 years, I won't even consider them. I had their software about 3 years ago, and I stopped using it because it was so old and user unfriendly. Things could have changed since. I downloaded some demos, and will be looking through them as well. What are some of the better programs being used?
  2. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Quick books pro, Had quickbooks sence 1992 & it works for me.
  3. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I'm currently using Groundskeeper Pro for my lawn & landscape. The only problem with the software, is that you can't bill ahead. My commercial clients get billed for the current month at the beginning of the month. I assume sweeping is the same; figure up the total number of sweepings for the month (ie: Jan), and send them a bill Jan 1, due sometime before the month is over, and make any amendments in next months bill. This is how my janitorial and commercial lawn is done, and I figured it was the same for sweeping. I probably should be using Quickbooks, since I'm bad about my book-keeping.
  4. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

There is a bidding software for the sweeping indusrty. I will try to find it again.
  5. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

bidsalot is the sweeping software but I run quick books pro and love it
  6. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

It looked to me that bids-a-lot was for bidding only. I really didn't spend too much time looking at it, but that was what I thought it was.
  7. Mark F

Mark F Senior Member

QuickBooks 97 is my newest version. It does all I need. Plus stuff I don.t need. Plus stuff I don't know how to need.