1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What!?!? Snow again???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SlimJim Z71, Apr 16, 2001.

1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I just checked Intellicast, and it said snow showers here tonight... excuse me?!?!? We've had consistant 50, 60 and 70 degree weather here for about two weeks now. I know nothing will stick, but still... WHY NOW?!?!?! I was really beginning to enjoy the nice weather. My dad's going to pick his new boat up this weekend, we started painting around our house... and now this. I tell ya what, Chicagoland weather is really starting to irritate me. Any houses for sale in Erie??? LOL.

-Tim

2. JV

JV Junior Member

Sounds like your in the same type of area I'm in. Round here they say "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes - it will change". Hang in there, it can't last forever!

3. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

There is a chance of accumulating snow come tuesday wednessday up my way.

Geoff

4. matthew Urban

matthew Urban Senior Member

Same thing here.
    Matt

5. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

Five highways closed up here - 8-12" of wet slimy snow. Not quite in my area - I think I'm safe.

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Mentor, Angel
    from Chicago

It is snowing like crazy out there right now. Looks like I mow in the snow tomorrow. :(

7. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

We've had 4" so far today.
    4-6" more tonight.
    Just hope it stays on the grass.... but.... the guys pulled down the plows today and put them outside... just in case.

8. GeoffD

We put the 10' plows back on the big trucks, and are verry happy we didn't haul the loaders off site yet.

Geoff

9. SlimJim Z71

John,

Seriously man... you HAVE GOT to be burned out. Judging by your posts, it looks like it's pretty much always snowing in Erie. Make sure you're taking care of yourself, you can do a lot of damage to your body by not eating right, and not getting enough rest. Look at me, I'm only 24 and have collapsed a lung already.

Take it easy... hope you get a break soon.

-Tim

10. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

Snowed pretty good here today(no accumulation). The temp was a balmy 38 deg. with a 20mph wind. Even colder for Tue.

11. SlimJim Z71

It was snowing pretty good yesterday here. There were actually a few times where it was hard to see where I was driving, but nothing stuck... only a light dusting on my truck this morning.

-Tim

12. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn Member

A light dusting here in Indy last night. I'm going to enjoy the cloud of snow I kick up with the DCs today.

13. GeoffD

Plows and spreaders are back on the trucks.

Too bad we are out of salt, 2 to 5" comming our way. Just a commercial run, I hope. The residential contracts have expired and the homeowner must call in and pay a per push rate if they wish to be plowed.

Geoff

14. John Allin

Amazing.... out at the interstate we got almost 10". Brings the total to 352" for the season.

Roads and lots are just wet. Grass has loads of snow... trees down from the weight of the snow. Power lines down. No plowing. Quite a nice mid December scene though....

Just have to wait through tonight to see if we have to salt if the temps get too low.

15. SlimJim Z71

Uugghh... John, I do not envy the guy that has to deal with that garbage.

-Tim

16. John Allin

Poop happens...

17. SlimJim Z71

Haaaaa!!!!

-Tim

18. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Unless you count the 1/2 hour or so of blowing stuff (that didn't stick around) today, no snow here.

Not much has started turning green yet, but I think it's pretty safe to say we've turned the corner and winter is over, spring has sprung.

19. GeoffD

We got lucky,

Storm went out to sea, nothing but clear skys with the temps in the high 20s to low 30s.

Spent all morning taking plows off the trucks, and removing spreaders. This winter was nice put some plows on in december, and they stayed on till the 1st week or so in april. An empty salt building makes a great place to store plows too.

Geoff