1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What size tires will work on bobcat for more speed.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CurbKilla, Dec 14, 2012.

1. CurbKilla

CurbKilla Junior Member

I have a bobcat s160 it currently has 10-16.5 tires, however I heard that you could put 12-16.5 tires on to get more ground speed. When I inquired at the bobcat dealer, the parts man said it might make the clearance to high so the impliments would not reach the ground. I would not be worried with a plow, but I will be using a push box mostly. Does anyone have any experience with this?
  2. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

I would guess you should be fine.. Most of your machines can lower the boom below ground level. Plus you are attaching to the snow pusher higher then all the way down so you will still be able to put ground pressure down.

I did it with my cat 242.. Came with 10's I have 12,s on it now.. You wont gain much speed but it looks nicer
  3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Go for it !!!!

Btw you'll be disappointed, the 10 or 12 are the width primarily, you'll be sliding all over the parking lot....and speed will be about the same.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  4. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

a buddy of mine just got tires for his they r 22.5 truck wheels and recap truck tires I think he paid $1600 for them sshipped to his door looks funny but very fast. he has a 2 speed john deere I am guessing around 16-19 mph in high
  5. CurbKilla

CurbKilla Junior Member

I didn't realize the 12 was mainly for width. If thats the case I'll stick with the 10's. They sure are cheaper.
  6. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

12's are taller you will gain a few mph got them on a 160 makes it the "bucking bronco" though. got 21's on a 650 she goes about 20 mph scary fast.