1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what size snoway for a dodge 2500hd?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by david-nh, Feb 28, 2003.

1. david-nh

david-nh Member

hello all well now that i know what kind of truck iam getting a 2003 dodge 2500 hd with the hemi i have heard many good things aboutt snoway plows we have a snoway dealer in my city what size blade for a 2500 hd the 8 foot ht model ? does anyone here have a 2500 with a snoway and if so what model and how do you like it? for quality strengh and plowing? any information would be helpfull thank you very much/ david

2. DIESELRAM30

DIESELRAM30 Member

I have a 99 ram 2500 hd and i dont know much about sno way plows but i know you should go with the 8 foot plow, now if i were to suggest a brand to you the new western ultramount is great it goes on and off very easily and in my opinion is one of the toughest plows out there. Hopefully i helped a little but consider a western

3. fordman

fordman Senior Member

I'd put the snoway V plow on that truck, or a Western or Boss V plow.

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

We have several snoways,mostly on or S10's and one on a full size Jimmy.They are great,especially for backdragging with the down pressure.

Weld quality,and initial assembly were quite poor on all of ours.The centre pivot area is also not boxed in enough,and a little weak.Once I rewelded and repaired most of these things,they have been pretty much flawless.I don't know how well the snoway would hold up in front of a Dodge 2500.

I'd go 8 ft minimum,if not a bigger straight blade or step up to a V-blade.I'd probably go Western over the snoway on the bigger trucks,just my preference.

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

david, if you got the room to manuever in your lots, ID get the 9 ft plow,or a 9 ft V plow.My Cummins powered truck pushes snow like you wouldnt believe.I would think the Hemi would do just as well. If you go with the 9ft,you will save time,which means more accounts in a given time,so more money.I wouldnt put less than an 8 ft on it at the minmum.My truck,with the boss 9'2" V,is extremely fast,I knocked 4 hrs off my entire route with it,over my 7.5 Fisher,(which had wings that i used in commerical lots).Weight wise you should be able to put any plwo on that truck you want short of a med duty plow. I only seen 2 snow ways here,they arent popular here,both of these plows were so short ,I dont think the moldboard was even 16" tall,they were rediculous looking.They must have been homeowner plows,they sure were to small to do any real work with.Both guys said they loved them though,as long as they worked within there limits .