1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What size snow pusher?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RNRlandscapes, Sep 30, 2014.

1. RNRlandscapes

RNRlandscapes Junior Member

Hi guys, looking to add a snow pusher to a older '97 case 90xt. Wondering if I should go with 8' or 10' pusher with rubber edge? I will be looking for a pusher with backdrag installed to pull away from garage doors.

The pusher will be used on a 125 unit apartment style condo association. Plan on running normal skid tires that are about 55-60% tread. Machine ways 9,000 lbs and has 85 gross (74 net) hp cummins with low and high range.

Thanks for the suggestions!

2. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

I think you could get away with a 10 foot pusher pretty easily. That's a large frame machine.

However, I'd be looking at a Kage, or HLA SnowWing or something along those lines, and not a straight push box for an apartment complex.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

We have one with a backdrag edge on the top. Just watch b/c that's a lot of weight against the stops and fully extended tilt cylinders

4. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

We run a 10 on our S185 and it works good as long as you are scraping down good and get traction.

5. RNRlandscapes

Not a fan of just a straight pusher box huh? I have two pickups with v plows on this property as well. I figured the skid could pull doors and grab tails with pusher and switch to 7' bucket for pushing piles.

Maybe I need to reevaluate??

6. John_DeereGreen

I have nothing at all against push boxes. I just have a hard time putting one on a machine in an area that would greatly, IMO, benifit from an angle-able setup, or angle-able with adjustable wings.

I'd like to think that you could replace one truck with the skid and Kage/SnowWing.

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I agree.....

8. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

10' would be it But if you back dragging between cars 8' would be better

9. Antlerart06

Tell you one thing a power plow has more reach 3'+ reach so you can stack higher and farther then a pusher or a bucket Something think about

Power plow will scape better then a rubber edge pusher so you save on salt usage

Something think about

10. Antlerart06

I agree I have condo complex I use to run a tractor and 2 trucks now its tractor and my skid
    and it cut my time down

11. RNRlandscapes

Thanks guys!

12. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Tell you one thing a power plow has more reach 3'+ reach so you can stack higher and farther then a pusher or a bucket Something think about

you serious Clark, I think you need to rethink that statement.

13. John_DeereGreen

The 2 trucks was in my head, but I didn't want to speak that without seeing the site.

I can say I've never seen a HOA/apartment complex where a skid couldn't completely replace at least one total truck.