1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what size snow push can i use on a older 910 cat loader

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by buckwheat_la, Oct 11, 2009.

1. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

hello everyone, i love this site, looking for a bit of advice, i have my first wheel loader a 1980 910Cat, has approximately 70hp, a top speed of 25km/h, (15 mph) the weight is 14000lbs, and i am looking at building a snow push for it, not sure what size i should make, thinking of a 10ft - 12ft, snow push, with a 3 foot wing on each side, anyone have thoughts or advice i would greatly appreciate it

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

we ran a 12ft backhoe model protech on one last year...did very well!

3. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

thanks, any advice on how thick of a sheet metal i should use, was debating 1/4 inch and 2x2 tubing as a framework,, but i think it might be too light, so maybe a 3/8 inch instead, but that is going to be one heavy box push, also, how important is a spring trip system (we are doing a 3 acre open parking lot with this loader) i kind of figured i would if i walk the lot and mark any places i may bump (man hole covers,etc) and let the skid steers do them then i shouldn't need a blade trip. any advice guys

4. salopez

salopez Senior Member

it truely might be cheaper to buy one, new or used...the time you put into this project might just rack up the costs....