1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What size skidsteer for a 6-11 Wing Blade

Discussion in 'METAL PLESS Snow Plows / Wing Plows / Box Plows' started by s_aloisio, Oct 15, 2014.

1. s_aloisio

s_aloisio Member

I got a deal on a 6-11 metal Pless wing Blade that I just couldn't turn down.

I was already in the market for a new skidsteer to add to my tractors. Just wondering what the minimum size skid I should look at to pair with this blade.

I can get a really good price on a case 1845 but with an operational load capacity of 1750lbs im concerned that the 1500lb blade might be a bit much for it.

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

924 loader. The blade is way too big for skid.

/end thread

I'm just subscribing lol.

3. s_aloisio

s_aloisio Member

4. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

I've seen a couple videos of them working, one on a 4720 at about 5000 pounds, and one on a Kubota 520 wheel loader at about 9000 pounds.

I'd think a 2K ROC machine would be enough to run it. 6-7K lbs. I'm toying with the idea of this blade on a 320E Deere.

5. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Wow that is a great find. Wash that plow up, and will look brand new, the cutting edge still looks new.
    I don't know much about skid steers myself, the Kubota 520 http://youtu.be/bM_cHGVfnq8we used is only 50Hp and with snow tires can really push loads of snow. I know it could handle that plow but personally I would go with a larger skid steer, I hope others with skid steer experience chime in.

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

That's just silly talk.

A 966 is the minimum machine for this plow.

Should be able to gross at least $25K per day with it, too.

7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

FWIW, I put my 10' Snow Wolf Ultra plow with FastTach box sides on it( 1300 lbs) on my S185( 1850lb ROC) just to see how it would handle the weight. Not good, too heavy to use on that machine. It will lift it and move it just fine, but to actually be nimble and not worry about it tipping was a no go. The plows are held farther away from the lift arms than say a 10ft pusher would be, therefor causing it to tip easier. Get a machine with 75+ HP and you should be fine.

8. snocrete

snocrete Banned

get a machine w/ a ROC of at least 2500lbs. A 1750lb plow is a lot of weight.

9. snocrete

snocrete Banned

:laughing::laughing:

10. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Sno, he said plow weighs 1500 lbs, but yes, still very heavy.

11. s_aloisio

s_aloisio Member

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely limit my search to the larger machines. I have access to a deere 260 I can test it on. That will give me a good baseline to size my purchase off.

12. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Oops...I see that 1750 was the ROC of the machine he was talking about :salute:. But yes, 1500 is still a pretty heavy plow for a skid. So maybe 2200lb ROC or more..?..

13. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

I've got a VG condition 2008 Bobcat S250 2 speed and all the bells that would work perfect on that for you....

In all seriousness, the S250 would be overkill on that. I would concur that something in the 2000lb range of ROC would run that fine. Go for the 2 speed, you'll be banging your head against the wall if you don't.