1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what size skid steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by boatermike3826, Sep 26, 2008.

1. boatermike3826

boatermike3826 Junior Member

would a small bocat, a 371 or a 453 skid stter have enought gut to pust a plow and do driveways? i am going to put a cab on it with heat in it and all.
    so i am hoping it will work i really want a small skid steer

2. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

I have a 310 and use a larger bucket..it works OK.... I'd estimate that a 5ft plow would be about the limit on it..remember they only weigh about 2000 lbs so even a 5 ft plow in heavier snow might be a challenge for traction. Mine works great on sidewalks

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I have a Bobcat 610.Small but works great with a 54"bucket. The bucket is a little wider then the sidewalks but still does a great job.

4. boatermike3826

boatermike3826 Junior Member

would it do ok for doing some drive ways with a 4 foot plow? I have a big john deere tractor for back up.
    I really want this small machine but I hope it is going to do what I need. our normal snow fall is like 4 inches at a time and I keep on top of it

thanks

Mike Drake

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

As long as the plow is wider then the tires the skid will push it fine, especially with just 4" of snow.