1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What size skid loader

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by boatermike3826, Sep 25, 2008.

1. boatermike3826

boatermike3826 Junior Member

I am looking to plow my own drive way and a few of my contracts with a small skid loader, i also have a parking lot that is 75x75 i have a john deere 2305 with a blower and a loader. but that takes to long on the lot. i know i want a small skid steer. i would like to buy a bobcat 371 or 453. or a little case, an older one as i use the tractor the most. my question is what should i put on here a blade or a pusher? i need to do personal drives with it too. not just the lot. i know the loader is a little small but i will take it slow on teh large stuff and if it is too deep the 2305 with the 2 stage blower will eat it up.

thanks,

Mike Drake
    J&M snow removal

2. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

If you are doing drive ways, I would be more likely to put a reversible plow on it. But, you could probably get away with a pull back pusher.

Welcome to Plowsite!!

3. boatermike3826

boatermike3826 Junior Member

thanks but will that size machine do what i need it to