1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Size Pusher?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by psuce1, Nov 17, 2014.

1. psuce1

psuce1 Junior Member

Hello,

I am new to the commercial snow removal business and I am purchasing a snow pusher for my backhoe, but I can't decide what size. I am pushing two large commercial lots which are mostly open. Last year I plowed the lots just as an employee for someone using a rented Case 580 N 4x4 (79hp) and a 12' pusher. The backhoe handled the pusher fine and it did the lots fast enough. This year I decided to remove the snow as a sub with my own backhoe and pusher. My backhoe is a Case 580 super L series II 4x4 (95hp). It is a slightly more powerful machine the the 580 N was but the weight is probably comparable.

My question is should I buy a 12' or 14' pusher? What has other peoples experience been with 14' pushers on backhoes? I don't think the horse power is really an issue with either machine I am concerned about traction and maneuverability. The price between the two pushers is not enough to make a difference really. I am plowing in southwest Pa where we really don't get a lot of big snows and only having two lots one being a 24 hour store a big snow event won't be able to pile up anyway. I will be there plowing during the snow.

Also does anyone have a preference on a brand of pusher? I am not sure how much they can differ other than the thickness of the steel.

Thanks in advance,

Phil