1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What size Pusher?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Marbleman, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

Currently I have a Volvo 70C and am looking at a facility which is 10 acres. The total length of the push is 865' long. Would I be better off with a 12' or 14' box pusher? I am planning on using a steel edge. The contract would be per event. I may want to take the unit down the road to service other accounts, traveling less than a mile.

2. dirtyscag

dirtyscag Senior Member

Im not sure on the weight or power of the volvo but i would suggest a 12 foot pusher because it is a long push and traveling down the road

3. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

The weight is about 25000lbs

4. motoxguy

motoxguy Senior Member
    from WI

14ft. shouldnt have a problem

5. GTMN

GTMN Member

Have older Volvo L70, 14' no problem!

6. JD304H

JD304H Junior Member

14' for sure. You can always take less than a full width push in heavy snow but have the 14' width for the light stuff. I prefer the rubber edge, but thats just my opinion.

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Pretty hard taking 14' down the road. We road a 10' and get looks when it's busy.

8. JD304H

JD304H Junior Member

Only for on coming traffic. I agree 14' is too big to road but a ten acre lot, I have a six acre I do with a 14' and wish it was bigger. Have a 10' for a 2+ acre lot and its perfect. There are folding pushers out, huge money though.