1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What size pusher if any at all? Help

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by srl28, Jul 24, 2010.

1. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Looking for a small machine to help out at one of our commercial lots and also for summer landscape work such as loading mulch, yard machine, etc.

Came across this one but am concerned it is too small. The loader would only really be used for pushing aisles and stacking, long runs are done by plow trucks. What size pusher would you put on this if any at all? Its a 8500lb 4x4 machine.

Heres a link- http://cgi.ebay.com/1996-TCM-806-Wh...ViewItem&pt=Wheel_Loaders&hash=item27b3a22db8

Any opinions?

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

10 foot pusher or smaller

3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Seems to be in decent condition from what I can tell from just the vid.....10ft pusher is what I would think its max would be.....and 15k is to much for that thing, imo its worth about 10k. Its kind of an odd ball brand/make, so parts and such wont be available like Cat/Deere/Case/Etc.......Either way still a neat machine.

4. ajslands

At least it's got a heated cab!

5. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

HEated cab. just under 2k hours. Doesnt seem like a bad machine. Would a large skidsteer be better? Guess a light duty 10ft pusher is all this will take though huh.

6. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I would be REAL scared of that machine. There is no way your going to be able to get parts at a decent price or time frame. For the price they are asking, you could easily get a nice skid steer and it would push snow a hell of a lot better than that thing. JMO, but I would stay away from it. If your gonna buy it, I would say 8ft pusher. Maybe a 10ft but no larger. Those pivot pins and lifting arms down by the bucket look pretty under sized to me. Good luck with the decision.

7. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Thats what I'm thinking, looked good for mulch and a yard machine but anything above and beyond that I just dont think it will handle it. Thanks

8. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I would be leary as well but if you decide to buy it I think a 10ft would be fine, any weight you can add would be good.

9. ajslands

Why don't you get a nice skid ster! One with tracks, and heated cab! And radio.

IMO a skid ster is probably the most usefull piece of equipment you can have. There's hundred of attachments and you can put plows, and pushers on it.

10. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Would love something that we can throw a 12ft pusher on. But I dont know of any skids that can really take that, 10 will have to do. Anyone wanna throw out some recommendations on skidsteers?

11. ajslands

12. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Sure. I have a 2004 Bobcat T300 with 1400 hours. Its got everything you need. :nod: You should check what dealer support is in your area. Getting parts is a huge deal

13. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I have S300's and they seem to do well for us be sure to get a 2speed, quicktach, cab air and heat. My guess is that an S300 with a 12 ft angle blade and an agressive operator could run circles around the unit you are considering on ebay but thats just my 2 cents and in the off season you can do about a million other things with it as well. I personally dont care for the track type skidloaders, unless you are in dirt most of the time. We own the tire machines and rent the track machines as needed.

14. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

my question is, where are you guys finding S300's with low operator hours, two speed, quicktach, cab air, and heat for $15 000 hrs?

15. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Unless they consider 4500 hours low lol

16. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

In La La land. Everything is cheaper in the US.

17. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

18. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Don't buy it! I had one very similar but it was a Coyote brand. Swinger also makes them very similar. I found ours to be underpowered and just didn't have the uumph to push. We sold it and bought a 2sp S220. Would have liked S250 or S300 but have found the S220 is capable of doing 95% of what we need it to do. There have been a few (very few) pallets of pavers it didn't like but did move for us. Just a lil' bit tipsy. We built our own box out of a 9' Western with 36" moldboard height. Works pretty good and have also picked up a 2.5yd bucket we use for snow and turning mulch. Won't turn mulch if it is wet unless you take a little bit smaller bite though. Since then we ended up buying a JD 310 backhoe with 12' box. Both have worked out nicely. Save yourself the time and take my experience to the bank. I tried a machine very similar and ended up with the backhoe eventually anyway. The S220 has also proven to be much more useful year round than the loader ever was for us.

Curious what HP the Kubota motor is?