1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what size pusher for my s.s

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by eatonpaving, Oct 28, 2008.

1. eatonpaving

eatonpaving PlowSite.com Addict

i need to get a pusher for my s.s, i have been told it will push a 10' but the guy selling them only had 10' or bigger, is an 8' best suited for a 743 bobcat or will it push a 10'

thanks in advance
  2. big pusher

big pusher Senior Member
    from ohio

A 743 will never push a 10 footer. I dont think it would handle an 8 footer either. I would probably go with a 7.5 plow or a compact model pusher for that size of machine.
  3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

i would think in the lines of a 6' pusher or a 7' plow
  4. eatonpaving

thanks for the info, i found what i was looking for at bobcats website,
  5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

what did they reccomend?
  6. eatonpaving

8' footer.... will work.
  7. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

I would really think anything other than an angling plow would not work on a 743. Even a 7.5 with wings will push my 773 around on a deep snow, heavy wet snow, or with ice underneath. Angle to the side and take a smaller bite and you can keep momentum with a plow. I would lean towards a larger light materials bucket or plow for sure with a 743. That is what i did with my 743b before upgrading to the 773.
  8. eatonpaving

thanks for the input, is it just a traction problem or will the ss not have the power...years ago i had a case 1840 with both 8' blade and 8' pusher box and it did quite well, side by side both skids are the same size, the guy i got on with said i need a pusher for the ss, so its kinda what i have to get... i know that bobcat said that a s130 will push an 8' good..and the two machines are the same size... i never had a problem with the 1840 till we got a 10 incher one night.. so i just took a smaller bite...
  9. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

not sure this will help but i did a quick search..the case 1840 has a weird HP range of 42 up to 56 HP ( not sure why) and the 743 's i found were 36 HP so there is not really a fair comparison between the 2, 36 HP isn't very much
  10. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I'm selling the perfect sized pusher for your machine. Check it out http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=67975

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I used to have a 753 and I used a 78" snowbucket which was plenty for it. Ya you can get away with something bigger but remember it's a small machine.
  12. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

True Nichols,

Our SS's use both pwer angles and small push boxes for smaller lots
    If he has a two speed,he could utilize an 8' or 10' pusher.JMO
  13. Advancedexc

Advancedexc Junior Member
    from Indiana

we have a guy that works for us that has a 743 and he uses a 8ft box on it. he tried a 10ft but couldnt push much with it. 8ft box will work fine on your loader.
  14. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Its not a Power thing. Its all about the weight/momentem of your machine vr's the weight that you want to push.
    If you over load the box, then loose speed, you won't be able to push the load.

I think you should look into a large bucket instead of a box.

15. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

I had a 743 for years, it does lack a little power. I sold it to my sub who still uses it, it blew the engine late last season, engine was replaced. I run 873's and S205s now plus peewee(743).
    Protech has a 6 ft pull back which might be ideal for your 743.
    I'm running 3 pull backs this year due to narrow downtown lanes etc.