1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What size pusher for Case 1845C?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by carcrz, Jan 22, 2007.

1. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

I am looking @ snow pushers for my Case 1845C & am having some trouble finding the size that I should be using. The bigger the better in my case.

2. concreteguy

concreteguy Senior Member

pusher size

If the Case is a 2-speed then an 8' pusher, if not then a 6' is all that I would go. The reason being is that the pushers don't clean down to the pavement as does a plow. You lose traction and then it's hard to push. They do make pushers w/ a steel cutting edge but I've never used one. I hope this helps.

Tom

3. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

I think you should be looking in the 8'-10' range. I'm pretty sure a 12' would be too big.

4. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

Do they make an 1845C w/ a 2-speed? This is the only loader I have ever used so I wasn't aware there was 2 speeds. Maybe it is & I just don't know.

5. slade

slade Senior Member

I do not think they made the 1845c in a 2 speed

6. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

Thanks. I was trying to figure out how it would shift & I would be able to tell.

7. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

They never made an 1845c with a two speed. And a 6' or an 8' pusher will work great. And it will scrape down to the pavement with the rubber edge.....I know cause i have ran that exact set up....

8. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

Thank you for giving your experience w/ the same loader!

So far, I have heard 6', 8', 10', & 12' from various posts. Since the price difference seems to be about $300 between the different sizes, I want to go w/ the biggest one that you guys think I can run. Since I am running tires (no tracks), I am thinking that traction is why the 8' or less keeps being recommended, correct? I want to be able to use the loader to help out w/ my truck. Since the truck has an 8'6" Fisher EZ-V I am wanting to be able to at least keep up w/ it if not go faster.

9. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

i can tell you that there is no way youll have enough traction to push over 8' box with that machine. A 6' pusher i believe will move twice as much snow as that v plow...the 6' would be perfect. The 8' will take a little finesse,on slippery/icy days you probably wont be able to push a full box , but it will also work good...

10. slade

slade Senior Member

I have a 773 turbo. 56 hp, 5800 lb. I believe that is pretty comparible with a 1845c. I run a homemade snow pusher on my machine. It measures about 9' and works great, however it might wiegh a little less than the "real" pushers.

11. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

I have experience with case machines plowing , and i would recommend a 8' box . The snow conditions are always different. One storm of powder u could use a 10 the next of wet you need a 6. If the storm got so far ahead of you , you can always take it off and push a path with the bucket. Once the path is open , put on the 8 and take smaller bites.