1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What size pusher for a skid loader??

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bossplowguy, Jan 31, 2008.

1. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

I just recently bought a John Deere 675b skid loader, was wondering what size pusher I should run on it. I was thinking 8', but the guy I sub for says 16'. I think that is too long. The machine is 40 hp diesel. thanks
  2. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Your right, The only way to use a 16ft if with a loader. 8Ft usually is a great size for an average size skid steers. anything over that may give your skid steer problems. hope this helps. :)
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

If it's a JD, a 16ft will be just fine. I usually put 16ft's on 150 hp tractors but what the hell, give it a try.:D
  4. JMurph

JMurph Junior Member

I have a 10' pusher for an S185 bobcast skidsteer. The s185 has 56 hp, and at times the 10' pusher is a little too much for it. Depending on how long the runs are that you will be using it, I would suggest a 6' for a larger lot and an 8' for a smaller lot. I know bigger is better but with one inch of heavy snow I have a tough time pushing an over a 200 foot run. If you ever plan on upgrading your machine, go with the eight footer. One other thing, if the guy you work for tells you to go with the 16' pusher for your machine, I would look for someone else to work for next year. It doesn't sound like he is too wise to the industry.
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

An 8ft would be plenty. JMO

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I would run no bigger than a 10ft 8ft would be better we run 10 footers on s300's and at times thats to much now I have grabbed a 16footer with an s300 when it is really light snow but definately not a normal practice maybe once a winter the guy who told you to run a 16 footer is not giving you good advice but what do I know
  7. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

Ok, thanks guys! As far as the 16' thing goes, the guy I sub for has 2 of them on case 40xt's (I think thats what they are) and has 2 12' on a couple gehl's...I think he is nuts, but he likes them. If he could put a 12' plow on a 3/4 ton he would lol, he has 10 footers on 3/4 tons. Fine for his trucks but I wouldn't have anything more than a 8' on my 3/4, just for the sake of beating the crap out of my truck, I have to drive it everyday. Thanks again