1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What size pusher for a JD444E?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rb8484, Oct 6, 2010.

1. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

What would be a good size pusher for a JD444E? We are looking a 444 and curious what you think on a size of a pusher.
    Anyone have a good wheel loader around my area??

2. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

Protechs website recommends a 14-16 footer.

3. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Depending on size lots 14-16 would be good. But if your driving on the roads a lot that big is hard to move around in a day unless they fold

4. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

5. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

our 544g handles a 14' pretty good, until the late wet snows...should you have to stop with a blade full....you'll never get it started again, you end up backing up, and taking about 1/3 of it just to get rolling again...normal snow, no problem!

6. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

If you noticed, dayex used real world experience; just so you know that's worth alot more than what dealer websites statistics post. We use 12' pushers, last year on a Case 521D. He's right about wet snow. Sometimes when you calculate production, don't forget about the bucket factor. Buy a 16 ft. pusher and anything big you'll be back using a "bucket."

7. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Not to hijack this but how would a Deere 544 with a 14 foot pusher do in heavier snow? Our lake effect isn't exactly the lightest snow.

8. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Our 444 H works well with our 12 ft pro tech. I wouldn't go any bigger because sometimes 12 ft is a touch to big for some of our apartment complexes and occasionally when we get a wet snow or a heavy snow it has to work pretty hard. Traction is not a problem because we have a good set of michelin winter tires on it. I wish all of my machines had winter tires on them for the snow.

9. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

I would go 12', 14 or 16 will work in light snow but in anything heavy you will be spinning.

We run 544 and 644 j's with 16' and they can get slowed down in heavy wet snow.

10. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

I would run a 12' . I have a 544 and have the best luck with a 12.

11. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

We just picked up a 14 ft RCA folding pusher for our Hyundai, same class as a 444, obviously haven't pushed any snow yet but I'm confident it'll work out well. I'd go similar size for your machine, but alot does depend on the lot you need to push, if it's full of islands or is busy regardless of the weather a 12 might be a better choice for speed and manueverabilty.

12. GLLLC

GLLLC Member
    from CT

We run a 14' on a 444e its just right. 16' is to big in my opinion