1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what size pusher box

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by diesel dave 04, Dec 13, 2015.

1. diesel dave 04

diesel dave 04 Senior Member

I have a small articlating wheel loader it is a older Kubota R-400 waight is about 7,300 pounds the std. bucket is 1/2 yard and 5 foot wide so what would be a good size pusher box that will not be to small or to much for the machine?? i was thinking 8 foot but i dont know if it will be to much for it and not be able to push it if it gets to be a wet snow storm.
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  2. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

What sort of ground speed? HP? It doesn't have a massive amount of weight. Pushing boxes of snow (in my opinion) is a combination of mass, velocity, and traction. All the HP in the world makes no difference if there is no weight to the machine. The heaviest piece of equipment with barely enough power to move it will be useless if you put more weight in front of it. You get the idea.
  3. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

You should be fine with an 8'. Realistically should handle it just fine. I've got a 10' on my S650 bobcat, that weights similar I believe. Also just cause it has a 8' pusher doesn't mean you have to take a full 8', if it has issues take a smaller bite.
  4. diesel dave 04

diesel dave 04 Senior Member

I was thinking 8 also I think a 6 will be to small, not much different then the 5 foot bucket.
  5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Buy the right box,one with a steel trip it unless you like rubber to rob you of your power and maneuverability