1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Size protech snow pusher for a 244J Deere?

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by GTJEnterprises, Sep 9, 2013.

1. GTJEnterprises

GTJEnterprises Junior Member

I just picked up a John Deere 244J loader and I'm looking for the right size snow pusher. I am going to go with a pro tech. I have heard of some people using a 12' pusher and most I am reading on here people are using a 10' pusher. Is a 10' the way to go or can I go with a 12'?

2. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

Arctic Sectional

Most likely the reason you see a 10' rubber edge pusher on a JD 244 is due to drag created by the rubber edge. The fact that if its a solid welded blade often the front of the machine lifts when the pusher is set down. It's kind of throwing an anchor out the back of your loader. Not that that can't be corrected over time(the wheels off the ground) but it definitely robs horse power and drive from the loader. The J model 244 had a couple engine options offering up to 74 HP and as little as 60. It's a 13,000 lb machine so the weights pretty good for the size. If you want to push a sectional you would have no problem with our LD-12 model. I have a dealer close to you in Plattsburg. Taylor Rental.

3. GTJEnterprises

GTJEnterprises Junior Member

Thanks for the info I took a look at the artic pushers, they look like a good fit.

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic