1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What size Protech on Cat IT14

Discussion in 'Pro-Tech Sno Pushers' started by chops90210, Oct 29, 2015.

1. chops90210

chops90210 Junior Member

Sorry if there is info online but cant find it in here. I have a Cat IT14 for the winter and was hoping to run a Protech SP12L the loader model. Some say I will be fine unless it is a wet snow. Some say to run a backhoe SP12B. I also understand that in a wet snow I can take a smaller pass if need be. Does anyone have experience with this? Last year I ran a Cat 906 with a 12 foot protech skid steer box and I would say that in 80% of the storms with fluffy snow we were fine. When we got slammed with heavy wet snow it was a lot of tire spinning and smaller passes. IDK please help me decide

2. Protech Inc.

Protech Inc. Senior Member

We appreciate you using Pro-Tech Sno Pushers. Based on our specs an SP12L will work with the CATIT14 in all types of conditions.

3. chops90210

chops90210 Junior Member

Thanks for your input. Sounds like it will be awesome for us. Another quick question. I still have the SP12S skid steer box that i would liek to run on a skid steer this year. Would a 2014 Cat 262 be enough machine for that box?

4. Protech Inc.

Protech Inc. Senior Member

That's a little light for that size Sno Pusher but you might be able to make it work. Our Sales Manager, Joe Guerino said he'd be happy to talk with you about specifications. You can reach him at 8887874766 ext 204.