1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Size Plow??

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Mikemike0409, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Mikemike0409

Mikemike0409 Junior Member

Hi everyone I'm new to this site and thought this would be a good place to ask a plow size question. I recently traded my 99 suburban with plow for a 05 ford f550 dually flatbed and i'm not sure exactly what width plow would be a good choice. Also i was considering buy a used plow for now does anyone know of a good place to look for something like that. Thanks for all your help.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Boss 9.2 v plow.

3. alpine779

alpine779 Member

When we had ours we ran a 10' boss v on it.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You need at least nine foot of blade regardless of manufacturer. Make sure there is a dealer that handles parts and service for the manufacturer you chose locally.

5. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

you will be able to use either a 9 1/2 or 10 ft plow with no problem on that F550