1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what size plow

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by gman2310, Nov 30, 2010.

1. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

I am getting aplow for my 06 dodge 2500 crew cab short bed. Its between the boss 8 or 8'6", which one

2. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Either one would be fine! Don't go smaller than a 8 footer. I would get a 8'6".

3. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I run a 9.2 V-XT and love it.......8.6 will work great for you.

4. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

8' with wings...This way you can be wide and narrrow. Cupping snow will greatly reduce trails and capacity of the blade. Sometime bigger isn't better, expecially when cleaning out drive thrus or those tight smaller lots.

Have you ever pushed with a v blade??? They are alittle more but will greatly decrease plow times.

5. CaptainSmokey

CaptainSmokey Senior Member

i have a 06 shortbed with a 8ft boss with boss wings!

6. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

I am def leaning towards 86, I do mostly commercial lots and after looking the bigger blade is only 20 lbs heavier. Don't really think I need a vblade yet, maybe next one

7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

If you push bigger lots than definitely 8'6". Maybe invest in wings as well, they'll only help decrease your clean up time.