1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What size plow would u guys put on a new holland t3040 4x4

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowsniper1, Jun 28, 2010.

1. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

Just picked up a t3040 with low hours ,cab,ac,heat,radio, for a good price thinking of putting a plow on it what size would u guys install

2. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I am not a NH guy, what is the HP and weight on the 3040?
    Thanks
    Robert

3. snowsniper1

56 hp and i think 4500lbs

4. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

HP wise you will be fine for a 8 or even a 9ft but You need more weight. I would put a 8ft on and add some weight. Some wheel weights or calcium. A weight box on the 3pt would be a good idea to. Are you mounting the plow to a loader or to the frame of the machine?
    Robert

5. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

new holland

Hey sniper, I have an '06 TC34 boomer, 7.5 winged out 9.5 with blower on thr back that helps for traction. Put on as much plow as you need. You might try windshield washer instead of calcium, it won't destroy the wheels. rim weights might be best. This tractor should move a LOT of snow. Will you leave it on site or transport it?

6. snowsniper1

going to mount it the frame,was thinking a wideout what do u guys think,it will stay on site and will be adding a weight box,thanks guys kinda new to the small tractors