1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What size plow will a S130 Bobcat handle?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by JSC Inc, Feb 9, 2011.

1. JSC Inc

JSC Inc Junior Member

All my skid loaders are 9000 lbs with 90hp motors give/take and I just bought a Bobcat S130 from a friend for dirt cheap that is in great condition. Really not my brand or size but for $6500 with 400 hrs I couldn't beat it.

What size plow will work well with this machine for commercial lots and/or town home associations? I use Snow Wolfs 9' - 10' for my other machines and didn't know if a 8' would be too big?

Bobcat S130
    5000 lbs gvwr
    1300 lbs ROC

If you have experience with this let me know as I might just dedicate it to sidewalks with a 6' blade in some of our large commercial complex

PS I was with him when he bought it new so I know its not stolen, he's just got more money than he knows what to do with
  2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I have used a bobcat 773 older but the same hp I would keep it as the side wal machine
    I used it with a 8 foot plow and it was to small and light to push well, unless it was light and fluffy
  3. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I wish I had friends like yours
  4. rcn971

rcn971 Senior Member

6' pusher would be the max I would think

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I think an 8'er will be too big, it's light with a super short wheelbase. I had a 753 and used a 78" snow bucket on it which was max. You know how it is, can it push an 8'er yes if it's a super light fluffy 3"er but your done if it's a heavy 1". Same with the bucket could it handle a 96" sure but same as above applies.
  6. JSC Inc

JSC Inc Junior Member

I was hoping for a 7' snow wolf
  7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

that would probably be a good fit....but equiping that machine with dedicated snow tires would allow it to handle an 8ft plow quite well.
  8. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

That's a helluva deal you got there.
  9. JSC Inc

JSC Inc Junior Member

I would consider snow tires. I never used them before but have been told to try them from my Deere/Snow Wolf dealer. The only tires I know of are the Snow Wolfs. Would you use studded or non studded? I do have a few town home associations that I would consider this machine at and they are very picky about their seal coat driveways. I also have been told to use truck tires and rims. How much of a difference do the snow tires really make?