1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what size plow should i get?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by snowbuster1, Mar 20, 2013.

1. snowbuster1

snowbuster1 Member

I am in the process of buying a 99 f350 powerstroke regular cab flatbed dually. I have an 05 f250 powerstroke now with a 8' ultra mount pro plow. I don't think that will cover my duals will it? So what should I do? Add wings or buy a bigger molboard?
  2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Wings. Cheaper, easier, and you can take them off for those tight areas.
  3. prosnowpusherMI

prosnowpusherMI Junior Member

I would go with a wideout.
  4. paa

paa Junior Member

I say go to a bigger moldboard, as wings [ fixed or wideout ] are the weak link along any curb,stump,light pole base etc. You jamb them one good time and now they are costing you money.
  5. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

9' straight or 9'6" V.
    Go big. You start small and then you will wish you had gotten a wider blade.
  6. snowbuster1

snowbuster1 Member

I am going to stay with a straight blade just to keep my trucks the same. I was debating from a 8'6" or a 9. Does anyone know if a uni mount moldboard fit on a ultra mount, if was to find one of those cheap. It seems to be hard to come across ultra mounts in my area
  7. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Go 9ft or bigger on a dually. 8'6 barely will cover the rear wheels.
  8. snowbuster1

snowbuster1 Member

Will a uni mount moldboard work on the ultra mount?