1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what size plow.....ranger

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by vwovw, Feb 25, 2008.

1. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

i was looking into getting a ford ranger for a driveway truck. what size plow would you recommend? is a ranger a good plow truck?
  2. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

22 Series all the way. I have a 2001 Edge with the 4.0 6 cyl. in it. It is a great combination.

I have 61 drives and 2 small lots that I do with it and it works very well.

Here is a link to some pics that were taken when I first got it. It still looks and performs just as well today!! You won't be sorry!!

Link: http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=40423
  3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

a ranger can be a good truck if you dont try try plow a mall parking lot or sumthing big like that...:nod::cool:
  4. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

agree with pearcelawn 22 series all the way :nod: :nod:
  5. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

I do a pizza place and a dentist's office lot. Both are small.

I think that a mall would take all winter to do!!LOL :dizzy:
  6. BREAULT69

BREAULT69 Member

I had a 93 with 6.5' Meyer and had absolutely no problem. If I still had it I definitely would have added wings. I ran 10.50x31R15 all terrain tires with 400-500lbs ballast in rear. It could push heavy wet snow uphill when my loader would spin a little. You might want to stiffen the front suspension, I had H.D. front coils.
  7. Twixster

Twixster Junior Member

I have a 2003 Ranger 4X4 with a 22 Series 6'8" blade and I like it. I wouldn't go smaller than the 6'8" blade as it's about perfect size for doing driveways. I would also recommend getting down pressure if you are doing driveways.
  8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I would say a 6.5-7 foot blade which ever brand you want will do fine for the truck! Rangers seem to be a somewhat common driveway truck!