1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What size plow on 05' Chevy 2500 Duramax

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nastynova, Nov 24, 2009.

1. nastynova

nastynova Junior Member
    from 14733

Well to say the least I sold my junk 7'6" Meyers and I'm in the market for a new one here in the next week or so, my question is according to the Fisher site which is what I'm leaning towards it only says I can run a 7'6" SD plow which is basically the exact same size the Meyer was and I was hoping to be able to go a little bigger than that. Surely someone has a 8' plow or something along those lines on a Chevy 3/4 or 1 Ton Diesel truck. I searched the forums for hours but really found nothing that helps me out at all. Any input would be great, and yes I will be putting Timbrens on the front of the truck. Thanks!!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Surprised you didn't find much as there's a zillion guys posting here running 8, 8.5 and 9 ft straights, 8.5 and 9.5 vee's and expanding wing plows on the same truck. Look in the Chevy truck section there's plenty in there alone. :waving:

3. nhpatriot

nhpatriot Senior Member

I am running 9' HD's and 9.5 V's on my 3500 Duramax's. Timbrens and T-Bar adjustments and you will be all set. Good luck!

4. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

I have the 8.5' Xtreme V on mine with no problems yet. Dealer I got mine from sells lots of
    them for these trucks

5. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

I've got an 8' western straight on mine and It's the smallest one of the bunch that I run with. 8.6 is the norm with one guy running a 9' straight. The truck will handle it no problem with the right counter weight. We usually set the trucks up with 2" rear lift blocks and lift keys for the front. Most of us sled pull too so we have tie rod sleeves and cognito steering braces on our front ends.

6. jtslawncare

jtslawncare Member

I run a 7'6" with wings this year on a 03 3/4 duramax ext cab short bed

7. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Ben, you have been gone on your honeymoon way to long!!!! I now have a 9' stright blade with WINGS! And to make things worse, we just installed Matt's 9' Western Pro Plus on his 1 ton a couple on nights ago wesport

8. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

If it wasn't for the awesome weather and great food and service I might be ready to come back home. I am starting to feel a little inadaquete about the size of my plow now! To the OP, this should show you that these trucks will handle as big of a plow as you can afford to put on it

9. nastynova

nastynova Junior Member
    from 14733

Thanks guys! I went with an 8' Fisher HD so hopefully I'll be happy with it over the old Meyers I had. We are putting Timbrins in the front of the truck and turning up the bars a turn or too as well. Thanks!!

10. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher 10 foot MC.

11. Philbilly2

Good god! this thing is stupid wide. 11' 3" wing to wing. Need to make them taller yet, but here is the start.

015.jpg

12. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

instead of building wings like that why don't you find an old plow I can cut up and rework to make us all a set of matching wings? All I need is a moldboard and one good night in the garage and I could have something that bolted on and was stronger than just rubber

13. Philbilly2

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  14. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

ahh I see. Now it makes more sense