1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what size plow for a f250

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by kings of grenn, Dec 24, 2012.

1. kings of grenn

kings of grenn Junior Member

hey guys i bought a lco this spring and with it a got a f350 1 ton dually 5 speed manual. after pushing my first snow i think i would rather have a smaller setup for my f250 7.3 automatic with an 8ft box. my questions are can i run the 91/2ft plow on my f250? if not what size would be best? and lastly what would be a fare selling price for the 91/2 footer? it has a new motor, pump,wiring harness,cutting edge and shoes? thanks

2. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

I like to run my 8' Boss but with the wings. The wings will make it almost a 10' blade. The reason I like this set up is; you can take the wings off for wet heavy snow, and the wings allow you to trap and push more snow than a 9 1/2 ' blade. They will also keep more snow in when windrowing. I also have an 8' Western ultra mount on my F350 with their wings. It works well but I like the Boss better. Good luck

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

To actually answer your question, yes you can put it on the f250. The price will really vary depending on age and shape of the plow

4. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

Go with a 8 foot plow of whatever you can get the best local service for.

5. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

6. kings of grenn

will the mount be the same on the f250 as the 350?

7. kings of grenn

will the brackets be the same?

8. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Depends on the years, generally years 92-97 are the same, then 99-07 if I remember right are the same. They maybe aren't ALWAYS the same but generally are.

9. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member