1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What size Meyer sector?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Dave Meyers, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Dave Meyers

Dave Meyers Member

Does anyone know if a 7 foot Meyer plow will fit on a 6.5 foot Meyer plow sector? Thanks in advance. Dave

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Depends on what models they are Dave.

If they're both TM series plows, yes they will interchange.

If one is an ST series (the 7 ft), and the other is a TM series then the sectors wont interchange.

3. Dave Meyers

Dave Meyers Member

Thanks for the info, it will prevent me from making a co$tly mi$take.

4. Dave Meyers

Dave Meyers Member

I found a used tm 7.0 to replace my tm 6.5 but according to Meyer and other retail websites, it is 200 lbs heavier than mine. I can't imagine why, and wouldn't want to put that much extra weight on my system and truck. Any thoughts or comments? Is this because it has heavier additional hardware? I didn't think 6" more plow would weigh that much more. Dave

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is the 7' a poly blade (TMP7)? They are a bit heavier due to the extra bracing for the poly sheet, but not 200 lbs. Many "published" specs are off by quite a bit regardless.

Now an ST series would be heavier by a substantial amount in comparison to a TM.

6. Dave Meyers

Dave Meyers Member

The 7 footer is used and steel, evidenced by the rust. The owner knows little about it. Its measurements will fit my application. The Scout can handle extra weight. I don't know if my pump will. Maybe I'll wait for a 6.5 to show up. Less guess work.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So the 7' is an ST series not a TM? Meyer doesn't make a 7' TM series in steel...only in poly.

What pump do you have Dave? Most any Meyer pump will lift just about any of their blades (as long as it's in good condition of course).

If your Scout has the TM series mount you may have to move the pin brackets inward on the rear of the A-frame if it's an ST your looking at since the TM pin attachments are closer together. Depends on exactly what your purchasing and which mount you currently have though.

8. Dave Meyers

Dave Meyers Member

Yeah, must be an ST, and the pump motor is new and much bigger than the old one, the pump is in good shape. I am re-using my sector and A frame, just using his blade, which measurements are the same.His blade will fit my sector. HisI will also use his hardware to attach to the under side of my frame. I am okay cutting and welding and fabbing that myself. It might work. If I get it cheap and does not work, I'll scrap it or re-sell it. Thank you again.