1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What size machine/pusher box???????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by osomany?s, Nov 12, 2014.

1. osomany?s

osomany?s Member

PLEASE ONLY COMMENT WITH EXPERIENCE. I am thinking of buying a 12ft pusher box what size/weight machine do i need to push snow "trouble free"being used commercially on long island. thanks

2. PLOWTRUCK

PLOWTRUCK Senior Member

Depends if you are buying a 12 foot loader box or a backhoe/skid steer box. There is quite a difference so I will answer both. If it is a 12 foot loader box which is about 36-40 inches tall you want something like a 544 John Deere, a 621 case or a 924 cat. If you are getting a 12 backhoe pusher which is 24-30 inches tall you was a 420 cat, a 410 John Deere or a 580 case. You could also use a 908 cat mini loader or a 244 john deere mini loader with the 12 foot backhoe box. I have a 12 foot backhoe on a 420 cat and push 600 foot runs with no problems.

3. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Very good answer . Thumbs Up