1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What size lot???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Bossman 92, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

What is the average size lot you guys with SS and pushers have? I have a new bid I am working on (I should get) that is about 8 acres, and another one (4 acres) that I already have about 1 mile away.

I think it would work well, but I don't know if I would be better to stay with trucks or use a SS.

The time frame is (4 acres) done by 6am (8 acres) by 9am

Any advise would be great.

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

1 ss with box pusher and 1 ss with blade to scrape it clean

that is if you have the ss if not use what ever you have that will make you the most money
  3. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I would be leasing/renting the skid for a 4 month peroid. I have the equipment/trucks to handle the job, but was kind of thinking of going with the ss idea.

Any other ideas? Hit me with them.

Thanks Bossman
  4. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

If you can plow to one end, turn around and plow to the other end, then get a ss. If you are trying to push 6" of snow 1/4 mile with a ss then try something else. Just depends on the lots if they are more efficient or not. Every tool has it's place.